When a position becomes available, a job announcement will be posted on https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/careers.
Applying for the Job
- Review the job announcement thoroughly before applying.
- Candidates must meet minimum requirements to move forward in the recruitment process.
- “Education” and “Work Experience” must be listed directly into the application and cannot be substituted with “see resume”.
- Application and supplement questionnaire are screened separately.
- Application is screened for minimum requirements as listed on the job announcement.
- Candidates can appeal the evaluation of their minimum qualifications here.
- The supplemental questions are scored for experience in specific areas for the position and the maximum score is 100 points. The scores are based on the experience provided from the self-assessment.
- Once the application is reviewed and the supplemental questionnaire is scored, the candidate will be placed on the eligibility list for the position for approximately 6 months.
Candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process based on one or more of the following:
- Specific Skills
- Certification and/or degree
If selected for an interview, candidates will be notified in one of two ways:
- Via email to contact the hiring department to schedule an interview.
- Or via email to self-schedule the interview.
Candidates are required to schedule their interview with 5 days of the date of the notice.
- Once an offer of employment has been accepted, candidates are subject to a background check process.
- Candidates not selected for employment will be notified via email and will remain on the eligibility list for future consideration from the county for approximately 6 months.